In 2016 we slowed down a bit on our beer travels and I defiantly slowed down beer blogging. Our year was filled with getting a new job and finishing a college certificate. We did visit 68 new breweries and 4 new beer states, including Idaho, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. Our most memorable beer destination was defiantly Asheville, NC for Asheville Beer Week. That beer town was AMAZING. Here is our best attempt at a “Top 10” list of new beers, new breweries and new beer experiences.
Our Top 10 New Beers:
1) Batch 1000 – Wicked Weed Brewing
2) Skillet Donut Stout – Burial Brewing
3) 4×4 Double IPA– Melvin Brewing
4) Black Angel Cherry Sour – Wicked Weed Brewing
5) Athena Berliner Weisse– Creature Comforts
6) Lizard of Koz – Founders Brewing
7) Coolcumber – Wicked Weed Brewing
8) Liliko’i Kepolo – Avery Brewing
9) Gose – Westbrook Brewing
10) The Pavlo – Claimstake Brewing
Our Top 10 New Breweries:
1) Wicked Weed Brewing– Asheville, NC
2) Burial Brewing – Asheville, NC
3) Moonlight Brewing – Santa Rosa, CA
4) Claimstake Brewing – Rancho Cordova, CA
5) Second Chance Brewing – San Diego, CA
6) Mikkeller Brewing – San Diego, CA
7) Barbarian Brewing – Garden City, ID
8) HenHouse Brewing – Santa Rosa, CA
9) Eppig Brewing – San Diego, CA
10) IMBIB Custom Brews – Reno, NV
Top 5 Beer Moments:
1) I cannot say enough good things about Asheville, NC. We visited during Asheville Beer Week and it is one of our most memorable beer cities. A proper blog post soon enough.
2) Visiting Wicked Weed Brewing at the source! We didn’t hit as many new breweries in Asheville because we just couldn’t leave the incredible beers at Wicked.
3) Navigating the crazy beer laws in Georgia. This was defiantly the most difficult beer state to visit so far.
4) We visited Boise, ID and it turned out to be a surprisingly great beer town and a very walk able. Previous post here.
On to 2017!