2015 was one of our top beer years to date. We visited 77 new breweries in 3 different states. Our most memorable beer areas were San Diego, Phoenix, and Denver. We also bought a house this year, which we are still on cloud 9 about! Here is our best attempt at a “Top 10” list of new beers, new breweries and new beer experiences.
Our Top 10 New Beers:
1) Triple Hammerhead Speedway Stout – AleSmith Brewing
2) Bourbon County Brand Stout 2015 – Goose Island Brewery
3) Mexican Chocolate Stout – Copper Kettle Brewing
4) Sip of Sunshine – Lawson’s Finest Liquids
5) Kentucky Breakfast Stout – Founders Brewing
6) White Mocha Stout – Fieldwork Brewing
7) The Seer – Holy Mountain Brewing
8) Lupulin River – Knee Deep Brewing & Kern River Brewing
9) Tweak Bourbon Barrel Aged – Avery Brewing
10) Half Nelson – Clandestine Brewing
Our Top 10 New Breweries:
1) Great Divide Brewing – Denver, CO
2) Fieldwork Brewing – Berkeley, CA
3) Crooked Stave – Denver, CO
4) Copper Kettle Brewing – Denver, CO
5) Left Hand Brewing – Denver, CO
6) Kern River Brewing – Kernville, CA
7) Blue Note Brewing – Woodland, CA
8) Culture Brewing – Solana Beach, CA
9) Aftershock Brewing – Temecula, CA
10) Clandestine Brewing – San Jose, CA
Top 5 Beer Moments:
1) Reaching 400 breweries! – 400 sounds way better than 300
2) Attending the AleSmith Speedway Grand Prix 2015 for San Diego Beer Week. This was one of the coolest beer events I have ever been too. 12 specialty Speedway Stouts ranging from maple blueberry pancake to Butterfinger.
3) Finally visiting Denver, CO home of so many wonderful breweries and tasting Yeti at the source!
4) Sacramento Beer Week! We came out in force this year and went to numerous events. I was really proud of my home town representing so well!
5) Lastly, I am so grateful for the founders of Sacramento Beer Enthusiasts for creating such a great group. I have made such great beer friends this year due to this group.
Happy New Year!